New Home Inventory Shrinking Fast!
As more and more home buyers are coming into the Wilmington marketplace we are beginning to see a real shortage of new homes available to purchase. Couple this with area/national banks refusing to lend money to just about ANY builder for a "spec" home and this is a recipe for a real supply problem for anyone looking for a new home in the Wilmington area under $500,000.
We are seeing multiple offers on new homes and also a surge of pre-sale homes in many of our new home neighborhoods. If you're wanting to buy a new home and take advantage of the $8,000 first time home buyer tax credit your time is almost up.
Which New Home Neighborhoods Have Homes That Can Close BEFORE the November 30th deadline (which is really more like November 20th if you factor in the Thanksgiving holiday)?
- The Willows of Leland: Homes from the $150's. There are only about 3 or 4 that are ready to go.
- Courtney Pines: Homes from the $170's in Ogden. There is only 1 home available right now and its the model.
- Woodlake: Homes from the $250's. We have the model for sale and then 7 others that should be ready to close by the deadline.
- Sellars Cove: New condo's near Carolina Beach with elevators and pool form $109,900. We have a handfull of these ready to go now!
- Coral Ridge: New cottage homes near Carolina Beach from the $150's. We have the model for sale and then 5 others that should be ready by the deadline.
- Mill Creek Landing: New homes with water access from $140's. We have nothing ready today, but will have 3 ready by the deadline.
- Citrus Cove: New homes from the low $200's near Monkey Junction. We have the model for sale and two more that should be ready by the deadline.
- Village on 18: New homes overlooking golf course in Burgaw from $150's. We expect 2 of these to be ready before the deadline.