Monday Morning Coffee for September 13, 2010
INSPIRATION FOR TODAY:
1. The illusion that personal gain is made up of crushing others
2. The tendency to worry about things that cannot be changed or corrected
3. Insisting that a thing is impossible because we cannot accomplish it
4. Refusing to set aside trivial preferences
5. Neglecting development and refinement of the mind, and not acquiring the habit of reading and study
6. Attempting to compel others to believe and live as we do
COULD YOU IMAGINE?
Imagine that you lived 50 years before the birth of Christ. What if one of the educated sages suggested that if you traveled to the ends of the known world he could still carry on a conversation with you? What would you say to him? No doubt, "That's impossible!!!" would have been your answer. Yet, even then, radio sound waves existed. They were undiscovered, but they existed.
What if someone said it were possible to travel to the moon and back? Same answer - "Impossible!"
Would your answer to those questions be the same today? Think how often we fail to set goals for ourselves because we believe them to be "impossible". We won't even dare to try because of the artificial limitations we place upon ourselves. Just because we haven't seen or heard of something being accomplished before, we assume it to be impossible.
So . . . what would you like to accomplish? What steps would you need to take to bring your objective to fruition? The solution, the realization of, the path to your objective already exists - it just lies hidden at the present moment. Because it is not in sight, however, is no reason to assume it is not within your grasp.
Sometimes it is necessary to "let go" of the limitations that hold us back. In letting go of the need to control the outcome, we allow our desired objective to approach us without hindrance. If it sounds a little deep and complex, it's really not. For more on this fascinating concept, pick up a copy of Wayne Dyer's "Wisdom of the Ages."
Post a Comment