How To Avoid Stress When Selling Your Home
The home selling process can be stressful, but it doesn't have to be. Today, we want to share a few tips to help you not only survive it, but thrive during it!
- Start packing up things you don't use right away. As soon as you know you're selling, you need to start collecting things that you don't use very often and getting them ready for the road.
- Next, you need to completely declutter your home. Find stuff you no longer want or need and get it out of the house! You might be surprised by how much stuff you own that no longer serves any purpose in your life!
- Make sure you clean your home as best you can before and during the selling process. You want it to look like a five-star hotel. We've seen squeaky-clean homes in Wilmington go for as much as $5,000-$10,000 more!
- Maintain your privacy and security when selling. If you want to avoid some frustrating situations, make sure you work with an agent with high standards for showing the home and avoid leaving highly valuable items lying around.
- Finally, to make the selling process a breeze, get the kids involved! Make the moving process fun for the whole family by encouraging the kids to help in the moving effort.
We want the process to be as easy as possible for you. Give us a call if you need our assistance. We would love to help you!