Greek Fest is Coming This Weekend
The 21st Annual Greek Festival will be held May 17th, 18th and 19th with plenty of fun for the entire family. Foodies will love this event, but anybody can come out and enjoy great food, entertainment, drinks and more. An amazing spread will be available with an entire table just for desserts.
May 17th and 18th, the festival will be open from 11am to 10pm, while on May 19th it will be open from 11am to 7pm. The festival will be held at St. Nicholas and you can take a tour of the church, throughout the festival. Tours will be offered May 17th, 18th and 19th at 2pm, 4pm and 6pm. The 6pm tour will feature Vesper Service on the 17th and 18th.
Greek music, dancing and cooking demonstrations will provide plenty of entertainment. "Lazaros" will perform traditional and popular Greek music. Dancing will happen on May 17th at 6pm and 8pm, May 18th at 1:30pm, 4:30pm and 7:30pm and May 19th at 1:30pm and 4:30pm. Cooking demonstrations will also be held daily.
The menu features many different Greek dishes you can enjoy including:
- A Sampler Platter with Pastitsio, Spanakopita, Tiropita, Dolmathes and Moussaka.
- Moussaka Dinner with eggplant, potatoes, meat sauce and a cream sauce.
- Pastitsio Dinner with Greek Style macaroni, meat sauce and a baked cheese sauce.
- Greek Chicken Dinner
- Lamb Shank Dinner
- Gyro with a lamb and beef combination, tomatoes, onions and Tzatziki sauce on warm pita bread.
- Chicken Gyro with onions, tomatoes and Tzatziki sauce on warm pita bread
- Large Greek Salad with Greek dressing and a roll.
- Greek Pastry Sampler
- And More!
Plenty of great food and fun will be available for everybody. Admission is free before 5pm on Friday and $3 all other days. Kids under 12 years of ager are free and you can receive a $1 discount on admission if you bring a canned good.