Boseman's bill aims to sidetrack rising cost of insurance
Business EditorPublished: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at 6:24 p.m.
Last Modified: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at 6:25 p.m. Sen. Julia Boseman will introduce a bill in the N.C. General Assembly Wednesday that would put a temporary stay on increases in deductibles and rates on homeowners and wind and hail insurance covered by the Beach Plan. Those increases are scheduled to take effect Sunday.Related Links:
- Study panel backs Beach Plan changes
- New Hanover County joins property insurance legal fight
- Eli Lehrer: Time to shore up the Beach Plan
- Insurance rate to increase by 17 to 30 percent for area homeowners
- Insurance hikes will hit, but probably not at 70 percent
- Editorial: Reform can't wait till hurricane season
- Insurer to stop offering new policies in N.C.
- Some residents might be spared brunt of rise in insurance rates
- Insurance industry seeks up to 70 percent rate increase for homeowners