A Military Attraction For the Entire Family
If you love military memorabilia or you're just interested in one of the most unique tours throughout Wilmington, the NORTH CAROLINA Battleship provides exactly what you're looking for. Children love all the different aspects of the ship, especially boys and adults can easily get lost in a different world and a different time.
As you explore the ship, you can pretend you're searching for enemy aircraft and put yourself in the shoes of the soldiers operating the ship in World War II. Visitors can explore the gun turrets, all nine decks and the crew's quarters. The ship is found across from downtown Wilmington on the Cape Fear River. If you're in the downtown area, you really can't miss it.
Events at the NORTH CAROLINA
The battleship is a part of many events throughout the year. Upcoming events include:
- 17th Annual Battleship Blast on July 4th starting at 9:05pm
- Battleship 101 on July 13th and August 10th from 10am to 3pm
- Legacy Series: Under the Sea with Submarine USS NORTH CAROLINA on July 13th and August 10th from 9am to 4pm
- Battleship Alive! September 28th and December 7th from 8am to 5pm
- Hidden Battleship on October 12th from 8:30am to 12:30pm and 1:30pm to 5:30pm
- Ghost Ship on October 18th, 19th, 25th and 26th from 7pm to 10pm
Find out about these events and more at, http://www.battleshipnc.com/Events.
Admission and Hours
The cost for adult admission is $12 with a discounted rate of $10 for active or retired military and seniors. Children ages 6 to 11 are $6 and children five and under get in free. Group rates are available for school groups and special rates apply for some of the events. The ship is open during the summer from 8am to 8pm and during the winter from 8am to 5pm.
Post a Comment